[feel_____:THAT]

20070228

Shear, mirror, rotate



Click on photos to enlarge

On your site there is a link to one lecture, which describes the process of how you started taking simple pictures and mirroring them, shifting, rotating them in fixed angles etc. It almost seems like a scientific research, as if you were trying to get ‘behind’ architecture, behind what we usually see and perceive in the streets. What are you actually looking for in your work?

"The concept of my present work is ‘found’. I don’t know what the purpose of this work is, but by continuing the process I know that I will always “find” something amazing. By making it symmetrical I confront the natural with the mechanical, the artificial. Architecture in itself is made entirely by people to be used and controlled by people. It is artificial. However, when people come and gather, it becomes like a city, a living organism and the situation transforms into something more natural. My works contain both those artificial and natural components. I’m attracted by the dynamism of the change from a simple form to a complicated organism."



By Palla In Pingmag Via Eyebeam reBlog and Boing Boing

0 Feelings:

Post a Comment

<< Home